USA Volleyball is a non-profit, non-government supported organization, acting as the governing body of volleyball in the United States. The Palmetto Region and USA Volleyball set the standards, maintain full-time staffs, and specialize in volleyball 24/7, 365 days a year. USA Volleyball has 40 member regions, over 245,000 individual members, 12,000 teams, and 5,000 affiliated clubs nationwide.
Benefits of USAV
As a member of the Palmetto Region, you are automatically a member of USA Volleyball, just like the players on the 2008 gold and silver medal winning USA Volleyball indoor teams and the 2012 gold and silver winning USA Volleyball beach teams.
Some of the many benefits of USA Volleyball and the Palmetto Region include:
- Competitive, sanctioned local, regional, and national tournaments
- Extensive mandatory background checks for all adults affiliated with junior organizations
- Insurance coverage for all practices, tournaments, and related activities
- Open and transparent governance on the regional and national level
- Educational opportunities for coach and official advancement
- National IMPACT requirements for all coaches
- Full time staff dedicated to the administration of the region
- Grassroots efforts to educate, train, and inspire players, coaches, parents, and officials
- Quarterly Volleyball USA magazine
- PVA provides coaches online training via AVCA and Art of Coaching free or deeply discounted.
- Dedicated staff to support clubs and members in following areas: membership, tournaments, team ranking, website, official training.
- Provides discounted region championships, with opportunity for rebates.