2018 Tryout Policy
The Tryout Policy was implemented to reduce the stress on all involved. Parents and players are encouraged to do your research in advance on the clubs you plan to tryout with and narrow your decision down to 2-3 clubs. We recommend you also read the How to Compare a Club resource on the PVA website.
“Open Tryout Period” is defined as the block of days that players may tryout with no expectations of having to make a commitment to a team/club, nor can a team/club require a commitment from a player.
During this period:
- If the Club offers tryouts after the deadlines below these rules do not apply.
- Teams/clubs may extend offers to players, but can not require commitment until signing date deadline. Once offer is made, may not be rescinded by the club until end of open tryout period or until player has communicated in writing acceptance or declined offer.
- Players have until signing date to make a decision, however, players may accept an offer at anytime during the “open tryout period”. After your decision, you are required to notify all clubs that you participated in a tryout within 6 hrs of your decision. Failure to do so can result in suspension and/or fine.
If you’ve received team offers from all clubs after all your tryouts, your decision should be made within 48 hours of your last offer (if 48 hours falls before the end of the “open tryout period”) to help move the process on for other families and assist Club Directors on managing team needs.
- Clubs are required to make a players-parent contract available to both parties at time of tryouts for them to review. This should be signed by all parties within 48 hrs of a commitment. Both parties are responsible for keeping a copy of this in the event of dispute during the season. Appeals will not be considered without signed contracts.
- Club offers and communication of acceptance or decline from players must be dated and in writing, via verifiable electronic communication (e.g. email ,website database,etc). This will be required in event of dispute or complaint.
- If a player does not provide response to clubs by the deadline dates below, the club is not required to hold spot and these rules will not apply.
- If player is registered in USAV Webpoint as “undecided”, must change your club from undecided to the club you accepted offer. If you choose a club during registration and decided to change clubs, you must contact the region to change. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clubs who extend a greater number of offers than there are open positions on a team, and subsequently indicating that those limited number of open positions will be filled on a first- come-first-serve basis, is not in the spirit of this rule and is therefore a violation.
- Upon conclusion of the “Open Tryout Period”, offers and commitments may take place with no expectation of a grace period or requirements of rules above.
- Clubs who are found to be in violation may be subject to fines and/or sanction.
2018 Tryout and Signing Period
|Age Division||Beginning Date||End Date|
|14U or younger||Saturday Oct. 21st 2017||Monday Oct. 30th 8pm|
|15U or Older||Saturday Nov. 4th 2017||Friday Nov. 10th 8pm|
Club Tryout Dates and Times within 60 mile radius are requested to work with each other to avoid head to head conflicts on tryouts within the same age group. Players who find conflicts should report this to the leaders of their respective organization.
“Multi-club Tryouts” Any player who desires to try out for multiple clubs is required to notify each club by completing and remitting the PVA Multi Club Tryout Disclosure document PRIOR to attending tryouts. CLick here for details and FAQ
NEW 2018: No longer will clubs pay the USAV Membership fee. Coaches and players must register and PAY prior to participating in any tryout or practice. If you do not make a team or decide not to participate, simply email the region (email@example.com) and we will refund your $50 fee in full.
If you are trying out with both USAV club and SAVL club, we still require you to pay for the membership before tryouts with the USAV club. Should you decide to participate with a SAVL club and that club doesn’t require you to have a USAV membership.
Refund request must be remitted to region within two weeks of last tryouts.
What is I want to tryout for both 14u and under and 15U and above:
Clubs who have players who are trying out in both 14 & under and 15 & above age divisions are not required to hold a spot in the younger age division if the 15> older age division tryout dates is past the 14< signing date.
What constitutes a player commitment to a club?
A player & Parent is considered committed to a club once they sign region commitment agreement, a club player-parent contract, or pay a initial fee payment (not tryout fee). Once one of the above is done, then the player is committed to that club for the season, unless the club releases them. Click here for entire rule.