2017 Tryout Policy
The new Tryout Policy was implemented to reduce the stress on all involved. Parents and players are encouraged to do your research in advance on the clubs you plan to tryout with and narrow your decision down to 2-3 clubs.
“Open Tryout Period” is defined as the block of days that players may tryout with no expectations of having to make a commitment to a team/club, nor can a team/club require a commitment from a player. During this period, teams/clubs may extend offers to players. An offer must be dated and in writing, via verifiable electronic (e.g. email) or non-electronic means. Once made, those offers may not be rescinded by the club until the end of the “Open Tryout Period “or until said player has communicated a decline of offer to the club.
- An offer must be dated and in writing, via verifiable electronic (e.g. email) or non-electronic means.
- If an offer is made, that player’s spot on the team is guaranteed only until the end of the “Open Tryout Period” or until he/she formally accepts an offer from another team/club.
- If the Club offers tryouts after the deadlines below these rules do not apply.
- If a player does not provide response to clubs before the deadline dates below, the club is not required to hold spot and these rules will not apply.
- Players have until signing date to make a decision, however, if you’ve received first team offers from all clubs, we encourage you to ask the necessary questions and gather the information needed to make a decision prior to that date. Your decision will help move the process along for other players currently on waitlists.
- If you’ve received team offers from all clubs after your tryouts, we encourage you to ask the necessary questions and gather the information needed to make a decision prior to the end of the “open tryout period”. Your decision will help move the process along for other players currently on waitlists and assist Club Directors on managing team needs.
- If player is registered in USAV Webpoint as “undecided”, must change your club from undecided to the club you accepted offer.
- Players who decide prior to deadline below needs to notify all clubs you participated in tryouts within 12 hrs.
- Clubs who extend a greater number of offers than there are open positions on a team, and subsequently indicating that those limited number of open positions will be filled on a first- come-first-serve basis, is not in the spirit of this rule and is therefore a violation.
- Upon conclusion of the “Open Tryout Period”, offers and commitments may take place with no expectation of a grace period or requirements of rules above.
- Clubs who are found to be in violation may be subject to fines and/or sanction.
2017 Tryout and Signing Period
|Age Division||Beginning Date||End Date|
|14U or younger||Saturday Oct. 22nd 2016||Monday Oct. 31st 8pm|
|15U or Older||Saturday Nov. 5th 2016||Thursday Nov. 10th 8pm|
Club Tryout Dates and Times within 60 mile radius are advised to work with each other to avoid head to head conflicts on tryouts within the same age group. Players who find conflicts should report this to the leaders of their respective organization.
“Multi-club Tryouts” Any player who desires to try out for multiple clubs is required to notify each club by completing and remitting the PVA Multi Club Tryout Disclosure document PRIOR to attending tryouts. CLick here for info
What is I want to tryout for both 14u and under and 15U and above:
Clubs who have players who are trying out in both 14 & under and 15 & above age divisions are not required to hold a spot in the younger age division if the 15> older age division tryout dates is past the 14< signing date.
What constitutes a player commitment to a club?
A player & Parent is considered committed to a club once they sign region commitment agreement, a club player-parent contract, or pay a initial fee payment (not tryout fee). Once one of the above is done, then the player is committed to that club for the season, unless the club releases them. Click here for entire rule.